So I'm on tour and the biggest obstacle is the hunger. I go to bed at 12 or so and wake up at 5, 6, or 7 am starving to death. And this is the wierd thing about pregnancy hunger. You're hungry, REALLY hungry, and then you within minutes of not eating, start feeling queasy and then starting to feel like throwing up. I mean, who programmed this system?
So I'm a slave to my stomach. And then, when you finally eat, you can't eat that much. You eat what has been a normal meal for you all these years, and find that you feel like you've eaten the dinner in the movie Big Night. Stuffed to the point of... feeling sick. There's no winning here it seems.
Still all goes well, and I can't complain too much. I'm also experiencing a bit of the quease in general, but so far the morning sickness is tolerable. And being on tour with five guys who don't know the truth yet (but might start to guess after I've said no to wine or beer for a whole week) - I don't need anything worse, and am praying I don't get it. That being said, I've played a gig while sea sick, so I'm sure I could pull it off if necessary. I pray I don't have to. In the meantime, I am carrying around a bag of Luna bars in my suitcase for the morning hunger pangs, and a container of Whole Foods crystallized ginger, which I pop in my mouth when I feel a rush of the quease. One or two definitely takes the edge of feeling like the toilet (usually a public toilet in my case) may be in my near future. I'm also discovering how few gas stations etc. carry ginger ale. What happened to car sickness? And on that note, why don't more people drink it? It's actually really good. I'd better stop writing about this...I'm starting to feel queasy....
Also, my jeans are tight. Especially my oh-so-sexy- stage jeans with the low cut waist. Four weeks in and it's a little on the squeezed side of things. I actually can't wait to start showing. I guess for the bragging rights - "Look at me! I'm pregnant!!!! We did it!" I guess if I've got to go through all these annoying things, I should get the visible announcement to the world....
So I'm a slave to my stomach. And then, when you finally eat, you can't eat that much. You eat what has been a normal meal for you all these years, and find that you feel like you've eaten the dinner in the movie Big Night. Stuffed to the point of... feeling sick. There's no winning here it seems.
Still all goes well, and I can't complain too much. I'm also experiencing a bit of the quease in general, but so far the morning sickness is tolerable. And being on tour with five guys who don't know the truth yet (but might start to guess after I've said no to wine or beer for a whole week) - I don't need anything worse, and am praying I don't get it. That being said, I've played a gig while sea sick, so I'm sure I could pull it off if necessary. I pray I don't have to. In the meantime, I am carrying around a bag of Luna bars in my suitcase for the morning hunger pangs, and a container of Whole Foods crystallized ginger, which I pop in my mouth when I feel a rush of the quease. One or two definitely takes the edge of feeling like the toilet (usually a public toilet in my case) may be in my near future. I'm also discovering how few gas stations etc. carry ginger ale. What happened to car sickness? And on that note, why don't more people drink it? It's actually really good. I'd better stop writing about this...I'm starting to feel queasy....
Also, my jeans are tight. Especially my oh-so-sexy- stage jeans with the low cut waist. Four weeks in and it's a little on the squeezed side of things. I actually can't wait to start showing. I guess for the bragging rights - "Look at me! I'm pregnant!!!! We did it!" I guess if I've got to go through all these annoying things, I should get the visible announcement to the world....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home