Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Okay...it's bad. I was just weepy and emotional, holding back tears...after watching a Citgo commercial. Okay, so it was a daughter asking her mother to make the house warm, but...they can't afford oil. Along comes "Joe," the representative of their heating assistance program, who rings the doorbell to smiles and a little girl that will have a warm house and hot soup from now on, thanks to Citgo. Still... Citgo? Well, that's the hormones for you.
I was feeling all right the last few days, aside from the daily gagging fit, but this morning's was bad. I started brushing my teeth, gagged, did my best to do a cursory job all over quickly, and got in the shower. I hoped a few deep breaths and hot water would calm me down, but no go. I gagged a few more times until for the first time in this adventure, food re-emerged from my acidic depths. Not much, but it has managed to make me feel icky all day, with a stomach ache. I did eat some leftover cold chicken from a roast chicken yesterday, and felt paranoid about it... so hopefully it's not that, it's just... the hormones.

But the most exciting thing of this past week was our first prenatal appointment on Friday. The husband came with me, back to the birth center. He was once again unimpressed since they were running an hour late due to the new computer system being in place that day. He didn't understand what that had to do with our appointment, but it came clear once he met our very lovely nurse-midwife. She was struggling with the new equipment because she had to put everything in a computer instead of on a notebook. Despite that, we had a lovely visit with her. We went through all the family history and she recommended the maternal serum test at 14-16 weeks, as we're at low risk for defects etc. The husband witnessed his first Pap smear and found, as I told him, that it's not all that bad (they've never bothered me, though.) And the best part... the little microphone that played our baby's heartbeat for us! "There's someone in there!" she said. At first I was just like, yup, there it is - but then through the day there were waves of amazement. Just thinking about that little bumper in there with the heart beating away... that no matter what happens, there is a life on this planet TODAY that exists solely because of us. I've got my prescription for prenatal vitamins and a definite opinion that I can't eat fresh mozzerella cheese. We're at eleven weeks this week, so the end of trimester one is approaching. End of quease, hopefully the beginning of the best sex we'll have for... years?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home