I told my bosses a few days ago and it went much better than I thought. I didn't expect them to be angry or anything; but they seemed truly congratulatory and to be honest, somewhat unsurprised. I guess the fact that I'm a happily married childless 30-something means that this wasn't something they hadn't thought of before. So the word is out and I feel better.
So in general I'm getting the word out and telling people in the outside world. I'm also starting to show a bit; my "gut" is getting bigger and I can definitely feel my uterus sticking up at the bottom of my abdomen. I'm using some jeans from my sister-in-law who's a couple sizes bigger than me until I can get to the Gap and Target and H & M and get a few maternity things. Mostly it's the onstage clothes that I'm worried about - I don't mind living in sweatpants and one nice dress in average life, but on stage I still want to look good even though my stomach is ballooning. Nothing like having an audience for your pregnancy!
I almost passed out in the post office yesterday - I was waiting in line for ten minutes and it was warm in there, but I wasn't really thinking about it. Then when I got up to the guy, as he processed my packages I started feeling a bit woozy. Then my vision started going grey, and I crouched down to the floor - "I'm feeling a bit hot," I said. He got my receipt and just as things were really going black, I walked as fast as I could outside to the fresh air and sat down on the steps. After a few minutes I felt better, but it was a bit scary. So I'll have to watch the heat from now on.
Next appointment (#2) is on Friday. I'm looking forward to it. I'd like to hear the heartbeat again... sometimes even though the stomach is growing and I still get queasy now and then (though much less than a few weeks ago) --the whole thing still seems surreal. But that didn't stop a few baby presents from arriving at Christmas. As well as a baby book - Baby 411 - that seems to be a really good one, full of information. As it came from my in-laws that had a baby last April, I'm assuming they found it very helpful.
So in general I'm getting the word out and telling people in the outside world. I'm also starting to show a bit; my "gut" is getting bigger and I can definitely feel my uterus sticking up at the bottom of my abdomen. I'm using some jeans from my sister-in-law who's a couple sizes bigger than me until I can get to the Gap and Target and H & M and get a few maternity things. Mostly it's the onstage clothes that I'm worried about - I don't mind living in sweatpants and one nice dress in average life, but on stage I still want to look good even though my stomach is ballooning. Nothing like having an audience for your pregnancy!
I almost passed out in the post office yesterday - I was waiting in line for ten minutes and it was warm in there, but I wasn't really thinking about it. Then when I got up to the guy, as he processed my packages I started feeling a bit woozy. Then my vision started going grey, and I crouched down to the floor - "I'm feeling a bit hot," I said. He got my receipt and just as things were really going black, I walked as fast as I could outside to the fresh air and sat down on the steps. After a few minutes I felt better, but it was a bit scary. So I'll have to watch the heat from now on.
Next appointment (#2) is on Friday. I'm looking forward to it. I'd like to hear the heartbeat again... sometimes even though the stomach is growing and I still get queasy now and then (though much less than a few weeks ago) --the whole thing still seems surreal. But that didn't stop a few baby presents from arriving at Christmas. As well as a baby book - Baby 411 - that seems to be a really good one, full of information. As it came from my in-laws that had a baby last April, I'm assuming they found it very helpful.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home